Monday, January 10, 2011

Weyhrich, are you lactating blood?

It's officially training season. The first nipple chaffing event of the year has struck and it was a bloody affair. Gross, I know, but necessary. I took off my OU sweatshirt and my white dri fit undershirt had two nice bloody spots. Awesome. It'll be painful for a couple days but it'll eventually toughen up for the cold and wind. Tonight was definitely the coldest run of the year. The wind was nasty. Still no falls (much to Chelle's disappointment). I kind of wish I had more trashy neighbors that left their Christmas lights up all winter. It looks stupid but it makes running at night easier. Just under 8 miles tonight. 7.92 miles to be exact. 36.03 overall with 1,974.97 left. Yeah I wish I would have gone that extra .08 miles but I didn't know that's all I had to reach 8 miles. I love my Nike+ watch but the one HUGE downfall is that it doesn't light up in the dark so I have no idea of what distance I'm at while running. Normally not a big deal but on a night like tonight it's frustrating. Regardless, it was a good run. With the white death coming tomorrow I'm not sure what kind of run I'll be able to get in if any.

Time for the National Championship game. Given my unhealthy infatuation with Steve Prefontaine it's pretty obvious which team I'll be rooting for tonight. Go Ducks! Quack! Quack!

P.S. Whenever I get done with a run Wrigley likes to lick off all the sweat off my face. Is this normal among dogs or is Wrigley "special"?

No comments:

Post a Comment