Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 in 2011

The idea is simple. 2,011 miles in 2011. I've never sniffed this kind of mileage. My previous high was around 1,500 miles. Last year I did 4 marathons which was pretty good. I was hoping for 6 but travel, injuries, and a lack of discipline prevented this from occuring. There's nothing special about the 2,011 other than I want to push myself harder than I have before and refocus my efforts and dediciation on running. I don't have a set number of marathons I'd like to complete this year. 6 sounds like a reasonable number again. I haven't officially stated that this is the year but if I'm successful in my quest for 2,011 miles then it's not unreasonable to think that this could be the year I finally complete an ultramarathon of 50K or dare I dream of 50 miles? We'll see! I'm already signed up for the Flying Pig and once the Trail Marathon in Wyoming opens up I'll register for that.

Last night I did roughly 4.2 miles. Felt pretty good. No back or groin issues. While I'm not in the best shape I've ever been for running I'm probably healthier than I've been in a long time. My stress fractures seem to be back to good. It was cold but not freezing. Rougher weather is certainly on its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment