Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Nachos + Running = Bad Idea

I met someone for dinner last night at Friday's and I just can't pass up their Tostado Nachos. They're simply the greatest nachos ever. Going into it I knew it was a bad idea having them and then going running later but alas I was powerless to say no.

In all honesty the run didn't go that poorly. The nachos didn't hit me until after the run when I was trying to go to bed and had some nasusea issues. I'm all good now! My hamstring tightened up a little bit as did my back but I think some of that had to do with wearing more clothes than usual. I really hate wearing much when I run. I prefer a dri fit t-shirt and a pair of shorts. I'd go with nothing but compression shorts if I could but I suspect that would bring unwanted attention from the authorities. Jerks. I thought it was going to be colder than it actually was so I had a hoodie and sweatpants on. Not needed. I was never cold and was sweating more than I usually do. For the third of January it was surprisingly mild. I ended up running about 5.1 miles. I know the total is a little lower than I what I could/should be doing but I want to start slow. Really build up my core strength and have a solid base as a foundation to my later runs. I've always just forced myself to do long runs right away and while it got me ready for a marathon it was hell on my body. Regardless, that is 9.23 miles this year. Only 2,001.77 to go!

On a final note I decided that my opening song to my next marathon will be Kick Out the Jams by Pearl Jam. These things are important. I need to post my theme song for the year soon. It's amazing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment